Monday 12 March 2012

Yikes, yet more daytrips!

Hello all, more photos and updates for you. Well, we went to Apex - another completely empty resort! Quite a few scary steep bits. I bravely stuck to the groomers while the rest trotted off higher up the mountain, going down things with names like "toilet bowl". At one point I could see them coming down something near vertical - I watched the tiny far away people to see that they came down ok. They did. Not forgetting the school bus we found in the terrain park!
Adam arranged a night out last week at the ice climbing tower (finally!) Lots of our buddies came and had a go. I was working at the cabin next door, so I got to watch. They did really well, particularly our friend who did it one-armed! (Broken wrist.)
Last night we celebrated a friend's birthday with a 'geeks' party. Many bow ties, short trousers, and over-large glasses were worn! I neglected to take my camera, but will nab some pics off someone else.
So, we've done a few fun things in the last week. It feels quite soon that we'll be packing up and heading off, but there's still a bit more snow to enjoy first!
As always, click on the pics for a bigger view.
View from Apex to more big mountains

Adam threatening our friend with snow on Apex

Apex terrain park - an unusual bus stop

Delightfully weird poster - BW middle right

Before the ascent

With a murderous gleam in his eye, he raised the ice axe and...

Am I there yet?

Nearly!

Descending

Best pic of Adam at the top of the 60ft tower
Oh, and happy birthday Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment