Wednesday 12 October 2011

I have produced!

Finally, the long-awaited knitting class began.

Left to right: first piece, stocking stitch and ribbing. On the needles – knit stitch, then ribbing, and I’ve done a few rows of knit/purl alternating.

Two achievements - I cast on, and I cast off.  (Knitting and purling I’ve done before with a moderate amount of success.)

I now have very wonky examples of stocking stitch, ribbing, and my first trial piece which is a total mishmash, and was started and finished a few times in the course of my lesson.

As homework, I started to try a combination of stocking and ribbing stitches, but I did it wrong and had to pull it all out. So I tried it again, and it is looking much more successful now! Still wonky, but heck, I’m managing!

We were given some handouts, but I think I’m going to find them tricky to follow, so I might produce my own ‘how to’ memory aid! There were a few memory tricks we learned about ribbons, bunny holes and windows, but I couldn’t explain them if I tried!

Today, Adam is working and I have knitted and downloaded several (ok more than 10) kindle samples of 'how to' guides. I am in S'''bucks down the road as the net conked out this morning. Next stop? Grocery shopping! (I spend half my life in the supermarket at the moment...)

No comments:

Post a Comment